Reading FAQ Answers
1. What is a Spiritual Reading?
Spiritual readings are conducted by Mediums. A Medium can establish contact with relatives and loved ones in the afterlife, as well as spirit guides, guardians, teachers, angels, and other spiritual beings. While "spiritual", readings are not religious. We honor all religious beliefs, and have no agenda or need to preach. We simply wish to provide good, life coaching -like information.
All mediums are psychic, but not all psychics are mediums. Some mediums are able to combine their psychic abilities with spirit contact to do things like see past lives and explain their significance to present life situations. Mediums may also be skilled in other forms of divination including tarot cards, astrology, runes, I Ching, dreams, scrying, dowsing, shamanism, etc. These tools can be helpful additions to a good reading, but are not necessary for a good reading.
A reading is not "fortune telling" and readings should never be frightening or threatening. Good readings/messages should provide a positive base for healing and direction in your daily life. It is our intention to provide information that is empowering, nurturing and healing; information that is useful in creating a happy and health life path.
##insert new stuff here
5. Do you have any suggestions for a good reading?
• Try to put your mind at ease and relax before you sit with the medium. It creates a better atmosphere for the reading and makes it easier for contact to occur.
• Avoid alcohol or recreational drugs before a reading. If you are a bit fuzzy, the connection will be too.
• If you wish to ask a question, or have contact from specific loved ones, guides, angels, etc., meditate on them before the reading begins. Remember, just because you wish to hear from someone or have specific problems addressed does not mean that they will choose to come or address that particular issue. Those who come through do so to bring you something of importance to assist you with what they feel is most needed at the time.
• Mediums will convey a spirit’s identity in many different ways. It may be by name, description, relationships, incidents, etc. Be willing to verify this descriptive information so the medium can move on to any message that is to be given.
• Let the medium know when they are correct or when you understand what they said. But, it is best to only answer Yes, No, or Maybe. If what the medium says doesn’t make sense to you, just say you don’t know or don’t understand what they are talking about. Don’t try to make it fit! The meaning or person may become apparent to you after thinking or meditating about it..
• Don't give additional information to the medium. If the medium describes someone you recognize and asks you if it makes sense, just answer yes. Let the medium tell you about them. If you offer additional information yourself, then you miss out on the excitement and validation you could gain if the medium was about to tell you those details.
• Ask questions, when prompted. Try not to interrupt the medium’s flow. Wait for the medium to ask for your questions, or for the flow of information to stop.
• Some things may make more sense by the end of the reading, or evenat a later time—after you have had a chance to think about it. So rather than dismissing the information, put it on a shelf until later , when it may make more sense.
• Don’t try to prolong a reading. The medium realizes when the forces are gone and will end the reading. You are always welcome to come again.
• The true success of a reading is not measured by prophecy, but by the guidance it provides. Prediction is possible, but you always have the power to change coming events and manifest new possibilities..
6. Can you do Group Readings or Parties?
Of course we can. There are a few FAQ's for this type of function:
How many guests can you accommodate at a party?
We allow 10-20 minutes per individual reading. See the Rates and Scheduling page for information on styles, guest limits and rates.
Are there any suggestions for party guests before their reading?
The most important tip is to avoid alcohol and recreational drugs before a reading. If you are a bit fuzzy, the connection will be too.
7. Who can become a Medium?
We believe that anyone can be a medium.
We are all born of Spirit, and therefore have the innate ability to connect with Spirit. Some of us are born with the ability "unlocked", others have it "unlocked" by a life event or life situation, and still others "unlock" the ability through study and meditation.
8. Is there a difference between a Medium and a Psychic?
Yes. A psychic is someone who connects with the individual's inner spirit which can reveal information about the past, present and future of the individual's current life path. Mediums also communicate with spirits and spiritual beings to communicate information from all aspects of the individual's spiritual connections. All mediums are psychic, even though some claim not to be, but all psychics are not mediums.
9. What types of abilities can Mediums have?
Yes. A psychic is someone who connects with the individual's inner spirit which can reveal information about the past, present and future of the individualMediums can utilize many different types of abilities. Some use many or all of them, while others may use only one. This does not diminish their readings in any way. Mediumship is as varied as any other skill.'s current life path. Mediums also communicate with spirits and spiritual beings to communicate information from all aspects of the individual's spiritual connections. All mediums are psychic, even though some claim not to be, but all psychics are not mediums.
- Clairvoyance or "Clear Seeing", is the ability to see anything that is not physically present, such as objects, animals or people. Some clairvoyant mediums can see a spirit as though the spirit has a physical body. They see the bodily form as if it were physically present. Other mediums see the spirit in their mind's eye, or it appears as a movie or a television program or a still picture like a photograph in their mind.
- Clairaudience or "Clear Hearing", is usually defined as the ability to hear the voices or thoughts of spirits. Some Mediums hear as though they are listening to a person talking to them on the outside of their head, as though the Spirit is next to or near to the medium, and other mediums hear the voices in their minds as a verbal thought, either in the spirit's or their own voice.
- Clairsentience or "Clear Sensing", is the ability to have an impression of what a spirit wants to communicate, or to feel sensations instilled by a spirit.
- Clairsentinence or "Clear Feeling" is a condition in which the medium takes on the ailments of a spirit, feeling the same physical problem which the spirit person had before death.
- Clairalience or "Clear Smelling" is the ability to smell a spirit. For example, a medium may smell the spirit's favorite perfume or the pipe tobacco of a person who smoked during life.
- Clairgustance or "Clear Tasting" is the ability to receive taste impressions from a spirit.
- Claircognizance or "Clear Knowing", is the ability to know something without receiving it through normal or psychic senses. It is a feeling of "just knowing". Often, a medium will claim to have the feeling that a message or situation is "right" or "wrong."
Often referred to as "intuition", this is the most common ability most people experience. Knowing who is calling when the phone rings, feeling that a certain house is wrong for you to buy, getting an immediate good (or bad) feeling when meeting someone new or going to a new place, are all examples of Claircognizance.
(Definitions by Wikipedia: "Mediumship." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Web.)